|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Hiya’ again — getting a lotta’ inquiries about Crabs for Thanksgiving, here’s the story: The Local commercial season for Dungeness Crabs has not opened, and it won’t open for the time being. The excuse is that there are too many endangered whales out there, and they don’t want to take the risk of one getting ensnared in the crab gear. (My take is that “too many” and “endangered” don’t belong in the same sentence.) At this point, we are expecting the Northern season (Eureka, Crescent City, Oregon) to open in early December, the Crabs up there just need to fill out their meat ratio another percentage point or so. There are some sporadic shipments of Crabs being trucked down from WA & Canada, which you may see in the marketplace, but they are extremely extremely expensive.
- You guys also show a lotta’ intertest in UNI, and we’ll have some of the 100-gm trays available this week, starting tomorrow!!
- And finally another limited shipment of AHI POKE CUBES is also due in tomorrow, hopefully.
- AK & SoCAL HALIBUT / PETRALE SOLE / Bass = CORVINA, BARRAMUNDI, & PINK GROUPER/BAQUETTA / ROCK & TRUE & BLACK COD / SALMON x 5 / AHI, MAHI, SWORDFISH, TOMBO / OYSTERS, CLAMS, & MUSSELS / BRONZINI / Only U/15 & 10/20 Fresh HOKKAIDO DRY-PACK SCALLOPS (NO U/10s) / Yes on U/10 IQF SCALLOPS / DUNGENESS & BLUE BACKFIN & FZN ROCK/JONAH CRABMEAT /
- (Out of Gidney Splits (see below) for a coupla’ weeks.)
- Here’s the current status of our inventory of “Del Pacifico” MEX’N BLUE PRAWNS: 21/25 P&D Tail-ON, 5# blocks. Same Shrimp, different brand = “MARATIVA”, with more variety of specs should be available soon. Stay tuned.
- In da’ Freezer: 8 items in Bristol’s “My Fish Dish” line … Also in da’ Freezer: KAMPACHI FIL, HAMACHI FIL … SMOKED SALMON TRIMMINGS … SALMON POKE CUBES … VANA (#2-grade UNI) … SK-OFF & BLO SASHIMI-QUALITY ALBACORE LOINS … FRIES w/EYES (IQF LAKE SMELT) … IQF U/10 SCALLOPS & PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS … HAMACHI COLLARS-(KAMA) … CHILE-BASS COLLARS … IQF SARDINES … A screamin’ deal, and a Great Poke item is Blanched OCTO LEGS/TAKO … AHI POKE CUBES … “Asian” CALAMARI TUBES & TENTACLES … And … GIDNEY LOBSTER SPLITS are a North American (Canada, Maine) Lobster Chix, split in half, blanched, then Tail & Claw & Knuckle Meat removed, which is then stuffed back into the half-shell. About 5-oz net, then IVP (individually vacuum-packed). $36 per lb, so about $12 per each, which works out to be less than LIVE LOBSTERS, LOB TAILS, or LOBSTER-MEAT.
- Reminder 1) It’s OK to include the eMail addresses that have one of our names in it, BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS INCLUDE email@example.com when eMailing/replying with us.
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: email@example.com, Carolyn: firstname.lastname@example.org