|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Appreciate your annoyance about me skipping ‘Fish Tails’ last week, here’s da’ latest:
- ALASKAN HALIBUT season has begun, and the fish are beautiful. Hoping for consistent supply moving forward, but keep in mind that the allowable catch (quota) stretches out for 9 months this year, so the fishermen will only go out when the conditions are good. The SoCAL/MEX’N HAL are still running strong, too.
- Here’s one we haven’t had since 2019 — OPAH — this fish is in a category by itself, firm, thick flakes, red meat, grillable, fatty, maybe tastes like a cross btwn SWORDFISH & AHI. Help me out here — any Islanders out there who can enhance that description? Fresh MAHI avail this week, too.
- The DUNGENESS CRAB catch is really grinding down towards an early end already. Most of the local boats have already pulled in their gear, and there’s just not enough catch up north nor demand down here to warrant bringing any down via trucking.
- NO Petrale Sole this week — rough weather.
- Some price increases already showing up due to increased demand around the country/world because of the loosening of Covid restrictions — note your Farm’d ATL SALMON Fil is up a buck. And you probably don’t even wanna take note of where LIVE LOBSTERS & LOBSTERMEAT pricing has gone.
- BRONZINI / COD = ROCK & TRUE & SKREI (Norwegian Atl Cod) & BLACK COD / MEX’N PINK GROUPER / Lotsa’ SALMON Choices / HOKKAIDO DRY-PACK SCALLOPS / OYSTERS-CLAMS-MUSSELS / Lots MORE — some re-“Tail” below — Keep Eating Seafood!
- Promote Aloha Seafood! — as we notice an uptick in our restaurant business, we also notice a slight decline in our Home Delivery Service, so here’s how you can help: When you’re out there supporting your local restaurants, ask them who their Seafood supplier is?, and if they reply with the wrong answer … well, good time to mention “Aloha Seafood”! It’s easy. Mahalo.
- Reminder 1) It’s OK to include the addresses that have one of our names in it, BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS INCLUDE firstname.lastname@example.org when emailing/replying with us. Reminder 2) We’re now Eliminating Home-Delivery Service on Fridays, and we’re still CLOSED on Saturdays for now. Mahalo for understanding.
- Now offering a line of eight of Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH”, a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP; Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON; and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- “Del Pacifico” Suripera Blue Prawns are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS … SPANISH OCTOPUS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 … AHI POKE CUBES; SALMON POKE CUBES; FZN ALBACORE LOINS; Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS … IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; Lots More …
- Note: if you buy LIVE Crabs, and they don’t seem so alive when you receive them, PLEASE Cook Them BEFORE you tell us that you want Credit for a “dead” Crab — if the Crab has even an iota of life left in its body/nerves, then the muscles will tense up and the meat will be firm when cooked, but if it really indeed was dead before cooking it (which would be unusual), then the meat could end up more like the texture of applesauce — it’s not common, it’s also not harmful, but we get it that it’s not so appetizing, either.
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carolyn: email@example.com