|FISH TAILS — 1) For Thursday we’ll have some of the small 100-gm Trays of UNI from SoCal getting trucked in!! Not too many, so let us know. They’ll be $35/tray. 2) To see what else is happening, see yesterday’s “Tail”. 3) It’s probably in your “Deleted Items” folder … ’til next time, Aloha …
- Aloha! Lookin’ to have another pretty good week with Valentine’s Day coming up, so get creative with some seafood and let us know what kinda’ romantic dinners are coming out of your kitchens … Pictures are nice, leftovers are nicer.
- Popular seafood items on the V-Day menus of fine dining establishments typically include LIVE LOBSTERS, LOBSTER TAILS, OYSTERS, CAVIAR, SCALLOPS, & SALMON. Let Aloha Seafood be your one-stop shop for any/all of the above, but you’ll need to shop elsewhere for your bottle of Champagne.
- Some more HUACHINANGO (1-2s) coming in this week … and BRONZINI & MEX’N STRIPED BASS also make a real nice whole-plate presentation. More FRESH Monterey SQUID expected in, too. And Pt.REYES/TOMALES BAY OYSTERS are available again after a week off.
- Glad to see SKREI coming back in … this is a very sustainable, highly managed fishery of a population of (North Sea) ATLANTIC COD in their migration route to spawning grounds off of Norway. Very short season of availability, try some now!
- Other Cods in da’ ice this week are ROCK COD & TRUE COD & BLACK COD / WHITE C-BASS / SWORD, AHI, TOMBO, YELLOWTAIL JACK / SoCAL HAL & PETRALE SOLE / MUSSELS & CLAMS / CRABS? & CRABMEAT / Lots More …
- Seeing signs in our crystal ball that re-opening on Saturdays is getting closer to reality — Still Not Yet, but stay tuned to da’ “Tail” for further developments …
- Reminder 1) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail or Only to Lloyd or to Kaiser, Mike, etc, then your reply comes back Only to That Individual, and your message may get “lost”, and not get forwarded to our “control center”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include firstname.lastname@example.org also. Reminder 2) We’re now CLOSED on Saturdays until things pick up again. Mahalo for understanding.
- Note: if you buy LIVE Crabs, and they don’t seem so alive when you receive them, PLEASE Cook Them BEFORE you tell us that you want Credit for a “dead” Crab — if the Crab has even an iota of life left in its body/nerves, then the muscles will tense up and the meat will be firm when cooked, but if it really indeed was dead before cooking it (which would be unusual), then the meat could end up more like the texture of applesauce — it’s not common, it’s also not harmful, but we get it that it’s not so appetizing, either.
- Now offering a line of eight of Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH”, a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP; Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON; and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS … SPANISH OCTOPUS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 … AHI POKE CUBES; SALMON POKE CUBES; FZN ALBACORE LOINS; Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS … IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carolyn: email@example.com