|FISH TAILS — HDS
- OK, I mentioned that this was coming, and the timing is now right for this juicy little tidbit: The Pt. Reyes/Tomales Bay area is home to a lotta’ dairy cows, and seasonal rains, as well. The run-off from the rains, (which includes what the cows dropped in the grass), flows into the shallow bay. And Oysters do a great job of cleaning up their environment because they are filter-feeders. You get the picture — A full three days after it stops raining is when the State tests the water for absence of natural toxins such as E.coli. If an Oyster operation in West Marin has the capacity to “wet-store” a week or two worth of Oysters, then great, but in this case, we will NOT have any Pt.Reyes Miyagi Oysters this week.
- Now that we’ve got you lickin’ your lips … there’s an opportunity for a few “new” ones this week — FRESH Monterey SQUID (inconsistent availability ’til June, so jump on it), and HUACHINANGO (real “Red Snapper” from MX, 1-2#ers), which we haven’t seen for a while, that’ll be swimming in with some MEX’N WHITE C-BASS. More from down south — YELLOWTAIL JACK!! And TOMBO is back in da’ ice again!! Furthermore, we’re trying to secure some SKREI (migrating sub-population of Atlantic Cod off of the coast of Norway) for next week in time for Valentines Day.
- Take note: price hikes on DUNGENESS CRABMEAT & 5/6-oz Cold-water LOBSTER TAILS. And “mahalo” to a few of ya’ who helped us blow through some Ground/Minced Ahi — None more available, and None more coming in.
- Not too early to give us a heads-up about your Lobster & CAVIAR needs for Valentines day.
- Day-to-day on whether we’ll have either Live and/or Fresh Whole-Cooked CRABs or neither — just keep the orders coming in. More: ROCK & TRUE & BLACK COD / MEX’N STRIPED BASS & BRONZINI / PETRALE SOLE & SoCAL HAL / SALMON x 6 / AHI & SWORDFISH / DRY-PACK SCALLOPS / Lotta’ SHELLFISH & Lots More & re”Tail” below …
- Note: if you buy LIVE Crabs, and they don’t seem so alive when you receive them, PLEASE Cook Them BEFORE you tell us that you want Credit for a “dead” Crab — if the Crab has even an iota of life left in its body/nerves, then the muscles will tense up and the meat will be firm when cooked, but if it really indeed was dead before cooking it (which would be unusual), then the meat could end up more like the texture of applesauce — it’s not common, it’s also not harmful, but we get it that it’s not so appetizing, either.
- Reminder 1) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail or Only to Lloyd or to Kaiser, Mike, etc, then your reply comes back Only to That Individual, and your message may get “lost”, and not get forwarded to our “control center”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include firstname.lastname@example.org also. Reminder 2) We’re now CLOSED on Saturdays until things pick up again. Mahalo for understanding.
- Now offering a line of eight of Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH”, a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP; Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON; and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS … SPANISH OCTOPUS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 … AHI POKE CUBES; SALMON POKE CUBES; FZN ALBACORE LOINS; Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS … IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carolyn: email@example.com