|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Need to express appreciation that so many of you guys & gals actually read this thing, compared to the relatively small numbers of chefs & purchasers of restaurants, who get another version of “Fish Tails”, that very few of ’em ever read. Example — the short blurb that was sent out last Tuesday about some Fresh Uni coming in — well, we sold out in a matter of a coupla’ hours, was able to increase our order, and we still over-sold (almost 40 trays); ALL except two trays went to you guys, and the two trays that went to chefs were for their home use, not for their restaurants. Mahalo! for reading …
- And thanks for buying & eating Seafood, too. Super Bowl Sunday and Valentine’s Day were very helpful, and did ya’ know about the other Holiday coming up tomorrow? — It’s called “Pitchers & Catchers Report to Spring Training”, and though it may not be recognized as a National holiday just yet, it’s still as good of an excuse as any to eat fish!
- And since we’re talking about President’s Day, it’s time to dust off this one: If you had one each of the presidential portraits on American currency from the $1-bill thru the $100-bill, how much money would you have?
- Here’s some news — We’re guessing that DUNGENESS CRAB availability is gonna get more sporadic than it’s been, order up and hope for the best, and note that the price is up quite a bit … Alaskan HALIBUT season is only a month away! … And some more SKREI are coming in (see below).
- Bigger HUACHINANGO (2-4s) expected in, too … STRIPED BASS, BRONZINI, PETRALE SOLE, SoCAL HAL, ROCK & TRUE & BLACK COD, SWORDFISH, YELLOWTAIL JACK, WHITE C-BASS, AHI & TOMBO, DRY-PACK SCALLOPS, SALMON x 6, OYSTERS/CLAMS/MUSSELS, Lot’s More …
- Glad to see SKREI coming back in … this is a very sustainable, highly managed fishery of a population of (North Sea) ATLANTIC COD in their migration route to spawning grounds off of Norway. Very short season of availability, try some now!
- Reminder 1) PLEASE check who you’re sending your eMailed orders & comments & questions to. It’s OK to include the addresses that have one of our names in it, BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS INCLUDE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Reminder 2) We’re now CLOSED on Saturdays until things pick up again. Mahalo for understanding.
- Note: if you buy LIVE Crabs, and they don’t seem so alive when you receive them, PLEASE Cook Them BEFORE you tell us that you want Credit for a “dead” Crab — if the Crab has even an iota of life left in its body/nerves, then the muscles will tense up and the meat will be firm when cooked, but if it really indeed was dead before cooking it (which would be unusual), then the meat could end up more like the texture of applesauce — it’s not common, it’s also not harmful, but we get it that it’s not so appetizing, either.
- Now offering a line of eight of Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH”, a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP; Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON; and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS … SPANISH OCTOPUS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 … AHI POKE CUBES; SALMON POKE CUBES; FZN ALBACORE LOINS; Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS … IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: email@example.com, Carolyn: firstname.lastname@example.org