|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Just know that even though there’s new protocols that lessen restrictions for dining out, we have no plans to diminish or phase out you guys, the home-chefs, whose support has been such a critical part of our success. So keep eating fish!
- And thanks for telling your friends & fam about us — always surprised by how many weekly additions we get on this mailing list. Welcome newbies, enjoy some “Tail”.
- Not much news to report — the DUNGENESS CRAB season is a flop — normally a big influx by now of the bigger & better critters from Eureka, Crescent City, and Oregon hitting the markets, but they’re struggling to catch anything up there, too — Now offering FRESH COOKED CRABS for the same price as LIVE ones, they’re mmm-mmm good!
- This week’s inventory: SALMON x 6 … Bass = MEX’N PINK GROUPER & MEX’N STRIPED BASS … PETRALE SOLE … SoCAL HALIBUT … BRONZINI … ROCK & TRUE & BLACK COD … AHI (but still NO Tombo) … SWORDFISH … DRY-PACK HOKKAIDO SCALLOPS … OYSTERS/CLAMS/MUSSELS (great time of year for shellfish) … lot’s more…
- If your favorite restaurant isn’t serving LOBSTERS for Valentines Day, you can always get ’em from us!
- Last call for our GROUND/MINCED AHI — gettin’ real low, and we ain’t buyin’ any more.
- Below is a few bullet-points from previous issues of da’ “Tail”, which we call re-“Tail”… Prices attached … Stay hungry & stay healthy …
- This one seems to come up quite often — “Which fish are sashimi-quality, are safe for raw consumption?” — Simplifying it just a bit, most all of our products can be and have been consumed raw. Seafood items that are Frozen adhere to the (never enforced) regulation that “items consumed raw must have been frozen at some point in the process”. Live ShellFish (Oysters/Clams/Mussels) which are purchased on a commercial basis (not recreationally harvested) are under very strict guidelines for absence of toxins. (More about that in a future issue when it’s been raining a lot). As for Fresh Seafood, you may feel safer with Farmed products such as Salmon or Striped Bass, because they are not susceptible to natural pathogens & parasites as Wild species sometimes are. And if you do come across a worm in your Halibut or Rock Cod, just realize that it will not present a health hazard if consumed, and furthermore, we didn’t charge you anything extra for that extra morsel of protein!
- Note: if you buy LIVE Crabs, and they don’t seem so alive when you receive them, PLEASE Cook Them BEFORE you tell us that you want Credit for a “dead” Crab — if the Crab has even an iota of life left in its body/nerves, then the muscles will tense up and the meat will be firm when cooked, but if it really indeed was dead before cooking it (which would be unusual), then the meat could end up more like the texture of applesauce — it’s not common, it’s also not harmful, but we get it that it’s not so appetizing, either.
- Reminder 1) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS USE firstname.lastname@example.org when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail or Only to Lloyd or to Kaiser, Mike, etc, then your reply comes back Only to That Individual, and your message may get “lost”, and not get forwarded to our “control center”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include email@example.com also. Reminder 2) We’re now CLOSED on Saturdays until things pick up again. Mahalo.
- Now offering a line of eight of Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH”, a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP; Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON; and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS … SPANISH OCTOPUS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 … AHI POKE CUBES; SALMON POKE CUBES; FZN ALBACORE LOINS; Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS … IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: email@example.com, Carolyn: firstname.lastname@example.org