Fish Tails 1/4/21: First 2021 ‘Fish Tails’ … Aloha Seafood
FISH TAILS — HDS
- Happy New Year everyone, grateful you’re all with us, and as a matter of fact, you home chefs will continue to be a major segment of our business as long as our restaurants & food-service customers are still facing limitations … so keep eating seafood!
- Except Crabs — still No start to this Crab season, (high seas this week, so the boats wouldn’t be able to get out anyway), and now with the three biggest Crab days behind us, the processors will have even less incentive to meet the fishermen’s asking price. And be careful with those Washington crabs you may have seen in the markets for $18/20 per lb — they’ve been recalled due to elevated levels of domoic acid.
- OK, traditionally the three biggest Crab days are Thanksgiving, X-Mas & New Years — but who can tell me what are the three biggest restaurant/dining out days of the year?
- Hey, find a reason to celebrate! — we’ve still got a few jars of the CA ‘ROYALE’ CAVIAR on hand … also SALMON x 6 … BARRAMUNDI & BRONZINI … SoCAL HAL … BLACK COD / TRUE COD / PETRALE SOLE … Lots More …
- I should find some time in the next coupla’ weeks to update the Terms/Abbreviations and the FAQs in the attachments and on our website — stay tuned. I may even have time to clean up my desk area, too. Reminder of last week’s announcement that we’ll be Closed on Saturdays until in makes sense to open again. And another friendly reminder to PLEASE ALWAYS USE firstname.lastname@example.org when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail, then your reply comes back Only to Me, and because I’m not always sharp enough to notice that sorta’ thing, your message may get “lost”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include email@example.com also. Mahalo. Some re-“Tail” below …
- Added two more to our “My-Fish Dish” line!! — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP. Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH” is a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering EIGHT of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish, plus the two SHRIMP dishes mentioned above. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- No Crabs, but know that we have D. CRABMEAT, BLUECRAB BACKFIN MT, Fzn CRAB SECTIONS, KING CRAB LEGS & CLAWS, SNOW CRAB COCKTAIL CLAWS, and/or LIVE LOBSTERS, LOBSTERMEAT, & LOBSTER TAILS. And to answer a common inquiry lately — Yes, we will sell the Lob Tails by the piece; they’re 5/6-oz each, so about 3 pcs per lb, at $38 per lb.
- — (A pound of Crabmeat is equivalent to 4# of Whole Crabs, about two nice-sized Crabs. CRAB SECTIONS are Crabs in the shell, without the back shell or any guts/innards, just the body sections with legs attached, what you’ve probably enjoyed at your yearly charitable Crab Feeds. About a pound of these would be the equivalent of one nice Crab. We have NO Fzn WHOLE Crabs).
- Here’s one with your morning coffee — Do know why Santa allows Prancer and Dancer to drink coffee?? Because they’re his Star Bucks.
- Also a good time to ask your nieces/nephs/kids/grandkids “Do you know how to make an Octopus laugh?” When they give you that puzzled look, you answer “Just give it ten-tickles”. dah-dum.
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484