|FISH TAILS — HDS
- First, the good news — From our vantage point here on Pier 45, there’s a line of boats heading out through the gate to drop their Crab traps in da’ sea! On Wednesday morning, they’ll pick ’em up, and if the traps are full of critters, then We WILL Have LIVE DUNGENESS CRABS for Thursday! … and there oughtta’ be FRESH COOKED CRABS by Friday!!! Here’s how it works: The Crabs from our local waters typically average less than 2-lbs each, but at the onset of the season, and also because the season is starting so late, we may see a good amount of ’em that weigh in heavier, perhaps 2.25 to 2.5 lbs. Best for us if you order by-the-piece — figure a Crab per person is about right — if you’re light eaters, you’ll have some left over for the next day or three; if you’ve got a big appetite, then add an extra Crab or three on to your order. I may be an expert on Crabs, but you’re on your own as far as which sourdough makes the best garlic bread, or which wine to serve. Last note: if you buy LIVE Crabs, and they don’t seem so alive when you receive them, PLEASE Cook Them BEFORE you tell us that you want Credit for a “dead” Crab — if the Crab has even an iota of life left in its body/nerves, then the muscles will tense up and the meat will be firm when cooked, but if it really indeed was dead before cooking it (which would be unusual), then the meat could end up more like the texture of applesauce — it’s not common, it’s also not harmful, but we get it that it’s not so appetizing, either. All that needs to occur now is the weather cooperating so the boats can get out & in. Oh, one more last thing — could be some fluctuations on the pricing to start off, but the price-list is a good guesstimate for now.
- Here’s the not-so-good news — We rejected shipments of Fresh AHI and Fresh TOMBO this morning, and all of our primary sources have none to offer us at this time. We’re hoping for some later in the week, price will likely jump. Our Frozen AHI LOINS (5-8 lbs ea), Fzn AHI SAKU BLOCKS (1# ea), and Fzn LOCAL ALBACORE LOINS (1# ea) are all Skinless & No Blood-Line, are always gaining traction in popularity, and are all Sashimi-Quality. … And still a lotta weather up North, so there’s NO Petrale Sole for now, we don’t expect our next ROCK COD until Wednesday, we’ll probably need to slack out some BLACK COD as our Fresh inventory is real low, and we think you’ll really like our AK TRUE COD Fillets. The moral to da’ story is that Wild Fish Availability & Wintertime Weather just aren’t always a good match.
- A few jars of the CA ‘ROYALE’ CAVIAR on hand … also SALMON x 6 … BRONZINI … SoCAL HAL … CORVINA BASS … Lots More … some re-‘Tail’ below …
- I should find some time in the next coupla’ weeks to update the Terms/Abbreviations and the FAQs in the attachments and on our website — stay tuned. I may even have time to clean up my desk area, too. Reminder of last week’s announcement that we’ll be Closed on Saturdays until in makes sense to open again. And another friendly reminder to PLEASE ALWAYS USE firstname.lastname@example.org when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail, then your reply comes back Only to Me, and because I’m not always sharp enough to notice that sorta’ thing, your message may get “lost”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include email@example.com also. Mahalo.
- Added two more to our “My-Fish Dish” line!! — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP. Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH” is a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering EIGHT of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish, plus the two SHRIMP dishes mentioned above. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- No Crabs, but know that we have D. CRABMEAT, BLUECRAB BACKFIN MT, Fzn CRAB SECTIONS, KING CRAB LEGS & CLAWS, SNOW CRAB COCKTAIL CLAWS, and/or LIVE LOBSTERS, LOBSTERMEAT, & LOBSTER TAILS. And to answer a common inquiry lately — Yes, we will sell the Lob Tails by the piece; they’re 5/6-oz each, so about 3 pcs per lb, at $38 per lb.
- — (A pound of Crabmeat is equivalent to 4# of Whole Crabs, about two nice-sized Crabs. CRAB SECTIONS are Crabs in the shell, without the back shell or any guts/innards, just the body sections with legs attached, what you’ve probably enjoyed at your yearly charitable Crab Feeds. About a pound of these would be the equivalent of one nice Crab. We have NO Fzn WHOLE Crabs).
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan, a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: email@example.com, Carolyn: firstname.lastname@example.org