|FISH TAILS — HDS
- With the latest restrictions on dining out, we’re expecting all you home chefs to be a real important part of our holiday success — here’s da’ scoop: First off, know that our days of NON-Operation will be Friday, December 25th and Friday, January 1st (and a reminder that we’re Closed on Sundays). We’re still more than 2 weeks out, but remember to order accordingly.
- Still NO “Loch Duart” Premium Atl Salmon (see last week’s ‘Tail’), but we expect to have ’em by late next week, and into the X-Mas week. Other available ATL SALMON are from BC/Canada, and our other “premium” Salmon are the ‘BIG GLORY BAY’ & ‘ORA-Kings’ from NZ.
- Now offering our OCTO LEGS/MADAKO as a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 per lb. These are blanched/par-boiled and weigh in at approx 3# per tentacle. This would be a good time to ask your nieces/nephs/kids/grandkids if they know how to make an Octopus laugh. They won’t know the answer, so you tell ’em “just give it ten-tickles”. dah-dum.
- Don’t have a definitive word yet on the opening of the Local Crab season. Flyover assessments of the whale situation will be conducted this week, still hoping that it’ll get started by Dec 15th, and if so, the wholesalers who have been bringing Crabs down from Canada will end that practice right now because they don’t want unsold expensive inventory on their hands when the new (and much cheaper) local crabs show up. More on this subject below in re-‘Tail’, call us for the latest updates, stay tuned to da’ ‘Tail’.
- Bass this week will be CORVINA & MEX’N Farm’d STRIPERS … AHI & TOMBO & SWORDFISH & MAHI-MAHI on da’ menu … SoCAL HALIBUT & PETRALE SOLE … Cod = ROCK & TRUE & BLACK COD … DORADE/SEA BREAM … LIVE LOBSTERS … OYSTERS-CLAMS-MUSSELS … DRY-PACK SCALLOPS … Lots More
- As far as I know, ‘Hanukah’ isn’t a bay in Hawaii, (even though the word contains letters from the Hawaiian alphabet), but rather a holiday which begins Thursday nite — Happy Hanukah!
- Well, the start of the season for Local Dungeness Crabs remains on hold because the potential still exists for a whale to get entangled in the gear. Today has historically been the opening of the Northern season (Eureka, Crescent City, Oregon), which is when things really kick into gear, but unfortunately, that too has been delayed, not because of whales, but because of low percentages of meat to total body-weight. Crabs molt, and it takes time to grow into their new shell, and the critters are still too “light”. Another tidbit you should know is that it’s typical in the first two weeks of December for stores to run their loss-leader ads for Crabs — that’s when they sell Crabs at cost, or even below cost, (but they make up for it when you bring that loaf of sourdough and bottle of grape-juice through the check-out line), hence “loss leader”. Anyway, could be the ads have already gone to print, and with No Fresh-Cooked Crabs available, they’ll be selling Frozen (or recently thawed) Crabs from last year’s harvest. Buyer beware. Lastly, there actually have been a few Crabs a week coming down from Canada lately, which are waaaay too pricey for grocery store ads, but there is a slight possibility that we could have a crab or two or six for your orders.
- NEW — We now have 3.5-oz pkgs of Cold-SMOKED (Lox) NZ KING SALMON if you’d like! Give ’em a try! Our full sides (2-4 lbs) of Sliced SMOK’D SAL are still available too.
- Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH” is a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering six of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- While yer scrolling through the ‘click heres’, check out the new “Gift Certificate” one.
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- Friendly Reminder: PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail, then your reply comes back Only to Me, and because I’m not always sharp enough to notice that sorta’ thing, your message may get “lost”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include firstname.lastname@example.org also. Mahalo.
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carolyn: email@example.com