|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Fergeddabout what we’ve been tellin’ y’all about Crabs for X-Mas — but first, just wanna say “Aloha” to the greatest influx of new folks on this list since we created the original list, way back in March. Hey newbies — you’ll be gettin’ some “Tail” every week now!
- If you’ve already ordered Live or Fresh-Cooked Dungeness Crabs for this week, or if you’re just about to get yer order in, sorry, but it’s not gonna happen. The fishermen and the processors are very far apart on settling on a price, the Crab traps need to be in the water already, but they’re still stacked high on the asphalt here on da’ Pier. Not meaning to pour salt on the wound, but we’ve heard from one guy that we’ll be lucky to have ’em for New Years.
- Here’s some reasonable options for you: DUNGENESS CRABMEAT, available in 1# tubs or 5# cans, and much cheaper BLUECRAB BACKFIN MEAT, in 1# units — A pound of Crabmeat is equivalent to 4# of Whole Crabs, about two nice-sized Crabs. CRAB SECTIONS are Crabs in the shell, without the back shell or any guts/innards, just the body sections with legs attached, what you’ve probably enjoyed at your yearly charitable Crab Feeds. About a pound of these would be the equivalent of one nice Crab. We have NO Fzn Whole Crabs, but plenty of KING CRAB LEGS & CLAWS and SNOW CRAB COCKTAIL CLAWS in our Freezer. Maybe you wanna do Lobsters instead? — We offer LIVE LOBSTERS (let us know what size?), and 5/6-oz LOBSTER TAILS, and LOBSTER MEAT, all product of Maine/Canada/North Atlantic.
- Reminder that Aloha Seafood will be Closed on Friday, Dec. 25th, and the following Friday, Jan. 1st.
- Other than labor negotiations, we’re dealing with weather, weather-related shipping snafus, and holiday-related shipping problems … meaning expect there may be some N/As (not available) and/or “subs” on your orders this week. For instance, we’re OUT of Rock Cod, and True Cod is “lost” somewhere. Choices on HOKKAIDO SCALLOPS are just U/10s, with a few U/15s (another “lost” shipment).
- OK, I haven’t talked about coffee yet, but do know why Santa allows Prancer and Dancer to drink coffee?? Because they’re his Star Bucks.
- And newbies, if you didn’t like that one, then avoid the re-“Tail” section below.
- Added two more to our “My-Fish Dish” line!! — GARLIC/HERB/BUTTER SHRIMP & SWEET CHILI-SAUCE SHRIMP. Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH” is a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering EIGHT of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish, plus the two SHRIMP dishes mentioned above. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- OK, Prices attached, Re-“Tail” below, and have a Very Merry and Un-crabby X-Mas!
- More popular stuff this time of year includes: SMOKED SALMON (and remember, we have the 3.5-oz “retail” packs now) / CAVIAR (a few different choices) / CLAMS & MUSSELS (for yer Ciopinno! — and let us know what time dinner’s ready!) / SHRIMP/PRAWNS (be specific on specs, please) / FRESH Salmon = ‘LOCH DUART’ as mentioned above, & CANADIAN ATLANTIC SALMON and NZ’s ‘BIG GLORY BAY’ KINGS & ‘ORA-KING’ and STEELHEAD/OCEAN TROUT x2 / and lots More …
- Friendly Reminder: PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail, then your reply comes back Only to Me, and because I’m not always sharp enough to notice that sorta’ thing, your message may get “lost”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include firstname.lastname@example.org also. Mahalo.
- Now offering OCTO LEGS/MADAKO as a ‘Hot Special’ at $7.50 per lb. These are blanched/par-boiled and weigh in at approx 3# per tentacle. This would be a good time to ask your nieces/nephs/kids/grandkids “Do you know how to make an Octopus laugh?” When they give you that puzzled look, you answer “Just give it ten-tickles”. dah-dum.
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- While yer scrolling through the ‘click heres’, check out the new “Gift Certificate” one.
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carolyn: email@example.com