|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Pretty many new addresses added to this list in the last week, so Mahalo! for spreading the word … and welcome to all of ya’ who are getting some “Tail” for the first time!
- This week we’ll be CLOSED on Thursday, Nov 26th for Thanksgiving, so if there’s seafood on the table for Thanksgiving, we need to hear from you by tonight in order to make the delivery to you tomorrow. We’ll be back at it on Friday morning at dark-o:thirty.
- Even though the Local season for DUNGENESS CRABS remains closed, the possibility DOES EXIST that we could have CRABS (trucked down from Canada) for you for tomorrow. Live ones ONLY for tomorrow, (Fresh WHOLE-COOKED by Friday), and they ain’t gonna be cheap.
- Typically, the next coupla’ months are da’ best for MAHI-MAHI, we noticed the price already starting to drop, so we brought some in, and hoping it’ll be a regular feature thru da’ holidays.
- Incoming shipments for us are a little “off” this week, so there could be some shortages, maybe some ‘subs’, here’s a few featured items: Got a few fish left from a surprise shipment of AK HALIBUT, which is the last of ’em ’til March-ish. Plenty of SoCAL/MEX’N HAL … BLACK COD … Bass x 3 = MEX’N PINK GROUPER/BAQUETTA & CORVINA & MEX’N STRIPED BASS … DRY-PACK SCALLOPS …
- Also: SWORDFISH / AHI & TOMBO / ROCK & TRUE (& LING COD due!) … And Lots More … Read on below for some stuff from previous ‘Fish Tails’, which we call re-‘Tail’ … Click to check out da’ attachments … and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to Everybody!
- NEW — We now have 3.5-oz pkgs of Cold-SMOKED (Lox) NZ KING SALMON if you’d like! Give ’em a try! Our full sides (2-4 lbs) of Sliced SMOK’D SAL are still available too.
- Salmon situation — For the next many months it’ll be Farmed Salmon Only, all with various levels of environmental & sustainability certifications & recognitions — ATLANTIC SALMON x2: Canadian, our least expensive/most popular, & “Loch Duart”, from Scotland/the ‘model’/famous … KING SALMON x2: “Ora-King”, from New Zealand, & “Big Glory Bay”, also NZ (way way southern Stewart Island)/tastes lean & clean … STEELHEAD/OCEAN TROUT x2: Washington (Colombia Riv), 3/5 lbs ea, & “Loch Etive”, from Scotland/fatty & flavorful.
- Back to Crabs — reports are that there are still too many whales hanging around the fishing grounds, potential exists for them to get tangled up in the crab gear, hence the delay in opening the season. Fillet of Humpback or BBQ Minke Ribs, anybody?
- Friendly Reminder: PLEASE ALWAYS USE firstname.lastname@example.org when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail, then your reply comes back Only to Me, and because I’m not always sharp enough to notice that sorta’ thing, your message may get “lost”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include email@example.com also. Mahalo.
- Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH” is a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering six of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Some faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: email@example.com, Carolyn: firstname.lastname@example.org