|FISH TAILS — HDS
- Three important things — 1) Aloha Seafood will be CLOSED next Thursday, Nov. 26th, for Thanksgiving. Order accordingly. 2) The commercial season for Dungeness Crabs still hasn’t opened, (and it won’t open in time for Thanksgiving), but when it does open Please be Specific when ordering whether you’d like Live Crabs or Fresh Whole-Cooked Crabs. 3) Our core business, service to dining establishments, is experiencing new and tighter restrictions, so you, the home chef, are evermore a key to our continues success — PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS about Aloha Seafood!
- Could be that we’ve seen the end of Alaskan Halibut for this year — season has ended, but no word yet if there’s enough catch in the last days to ship some down to the Bay Area (which would be for later in the week). In lieu of that, go with SoCAL/MEX’N HALIBUT, which generally produces thinner fillets, a bit more delicate to handle, with a similar texture and mild flavor. For something more “meatier” in the white-fish category, look to “Bass”, featuring MEX’N PINK GROUPER/BAQUETTA this week, and Farm’d STRIPED BASS too.
- Back to Crabs — reports are that there are still too many whales hanging around the fishing grounds, potential exists for them to get tangled up in the crab gear, hence the delay in opening the season. Fillet of Humpback or BBQ Minke Ribs, anybody?
- Not expecting any Uni for this week, and Ling Cod (one of my faves) is disappearing as one of your choices for local Cods.
- You know da’ drill – read on for some re-‘Tail’, and click on for product/price list …
- What you and your discriminatory culinary palates may notice is that the overall quality of seafood actually takes an uptick for the next several months. This is due to spawning cycles being over, so shellfish and (wild) fish are now beginning to fatten up for next year’s sexual adventures. CLAM Chowder, CLAM-Bakes, and Cioppino are all great comfort-food dishes for the cold months, and all feature SHELLFISH. Also BLACK COD & ROCK COD / PETRALE SOLE / YELLOWTAIL JACK / SWORDFISH / AHI & TOMBO / DRY-PACK SCALLOPS / More …
- Got something NEW that oughta’ appeal to a lotta’ y’all — You can now get 3.5-oz pkgs of Cold-SMOKED (Lox) NZ KING SALMON if you’d like! Give ’em a try! Our full sides (2-4 lbs) of Sliced SMOK’D SAL are still available too.
- Salmon situation — For the next many months it’ll be Farmed Salmon Only, all with various levels of environmental & sustainability certifications & recognitions — ATLANTIC SALMON x2: Canadian, our least expensive/most popular, & “Loch Duart”, from Scotland/the ‘model’/famous … KING SALMON x2: “Ora-King”, from New Zealand, & “Big Glory Bay”, also NZ (way way southern Stewart Island)/tastes lean & clean … STEELHEAD/OCEAN TROUT x2: Washington (Colombia Riv), 3/5 lbs ea, & “Loch Etive”, from Scotland/fatty & flavorful.
- Friendly Reminder: PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. The reason is when/if you place your order by replying back Only to This eMail, then your reply comes back Only to Me, and because I’m not always sharp enough to notice that sorta’ thing, your message may get “lost”. It’s quite OK to include me, or Mike, or Lloyd, Kaiser, etc. … but Please Always Include firstname.lastname@example.org also. Mahalo.
- Check out the “Hot Specials” section of the Price-List, and notice the 16/20 P&D Blue PRAWNS from “Del Pacifico” on the Sea of Cortez — these are Wild, and a rarity in the Shrimp industry, they are caught in one-day outings, with Suripera nets, frozen one time only, and the company has exclusive and hard-to-attain Fair Trade Certification! (We ordered 16/20 Headless Shell-On to replenish our stock, they sent us P&Ds by mistake, discounted the cost, and we’re passing it on to you!) Yes, they aren’t cheap, because of the factors listed above, but “Del Pacifico” are absolutely da’ Best Prawn/Shrimp that can be found. Currently, Disney Corp is their top customer … let’s see if we can join that Mickey-Mouse outfit at the top of the list!
- Bristol’s “MY FISH DISH” is a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering six of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Add a box of Fresh Produce to your Seafood order! We’re partnering with C & L Produce, a highly reputable wholesale distributor out of Oakland, to bring a variety of fresh fruits & veggies into your home. This offering is as an add-on, and not a replacement for our $100-minimum seafood order. Click on the two new buttons.
- Some of your faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off/BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SMELT; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Voice-Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066 / Kazuko: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carolyn: email@example.com