Fish Tails 7/29/20
FISH TAILS — HDS
- Aloha, just a few quick updates … and it’s only been two days since the previous ‘Tail’, yet there’s still a bunch of new add-ons to this list — Welcome all!
- It looks like we Will Have some more UNI again this week, avail on Friday, yell now & yell loud! … ‘Twas a nice low price for a week or so, but the White C-Bass have disappeared for now, none coming in, so our ‘Bass’ will be MEX’N GROUPER/CABRILLA … Got some more large (2/4s & 4/6s) HUACHINANGO (Mex’n Snapper) coming in … Price down even more on Local WILD KING SALMON! … more for your re-reading pleasure below …
- Here’s a little something that comes up pretty often with you home-delivery customers, so let me address it — When you order multiple varieties of Oysters, sometimes your choices include both Pt. Reyes Oysters and also “Miyagi” Oysters. When you say “miyagi”, we assume you’re asking for ‘Marin Miyagis’, because the word “miyagi” is part of its name. But actually, Almost All of Pacific Oysters are the same species, and almost all of our West Coast varieties are of that same species, originally introduced from Japan, and which is now common terminology to refer to them as “miyagis”. We may call ’em Fanny Bays or Totten Inlet or Little Skookum or Pickering Passage or Royal Miyagi (there’s that word again), or countless others, but they are ALL ‘miyagis’ (except for Kumamotos). And just so you know, ‘Marin Miyagi’ and ‘Pt. Reyes’ Oysters come from the same area, Tomales Bay, and their beds actually touch each other. Yes, you can actually reach out of one side of the boat and pull up some ‘Pt. Reyes’ Oysters, and on the other side of the boat is the ‘Marin Miyagi’ acreage. So if you’re looking for a different flavor profile with your multiple choices for oysters, you ain’t gonna get it with those two. Perhaps you’ve also heard of “Hog Island” Oysters? — We don’t (and can’t) sell them to you (that’s another story), but they are also the same oyster, from the same water, with the same taste, just a different name. Just recently, the price has gone up on ‘Marin Miyagi’ Oysters, compelling us to buy less from them, but not so on ‘Pt Reyes’, so we’re using more of them. Bottom line, if you do order both varieties, you should probably expect us to “sub” some “TodaysBest” for you, or maybe some Aloha’sChoice”, which are real nice varieties with a slightly different taste profile than the ones from Tomales Bay, and they’re similarly priced.
- Remember that YELLOWTAIL JACK & WILD KING SALMON pricing has dropped. Farm’d ATLANTIC SAL, too. Got some ONO in da’ ice. Remember to use firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
- BRONZINI makes a nice whole-fish presentation for one, and if it’s for two or more, check out our HUACHINAGO (real Red Snappers from Baja) and our Frm’d STRIPED BASS.
- More in da’ cooler: PETRALE SOLE / ROCK, LING, TRUE, & BLACK COD / AK & LOCAL & SoCAL HALIBUT / SQUID / SWORDFISH / AHI & TOMBO / SALMON = ‘LOCH DUART’ & NZ KINGS x 2 & STEELHEAD x 2 / MUSSELS-OYSTERS-CLAMS / Lots More …
- One of your faves, HAMACHI COLLARS (KAMA), is again available. And we’ve added a ‘new’ item — FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO), about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan. Appreciate your loyalty to CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS & AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off & BLO FZN AHI LOINS. Still strong freezer inventory on: MINCED/GROUND AHI / ASIAN & MEDIT. OCTOPUS / OYSTER SPRING ROLLS / 26/30 & 16/20 OG PRAWNS / Lots More ~~~
- Survey — How many of you would have an interest in receiving a box of produce which would be piggy-backed onto your seafood order? We’re collaborating with a reputable local Produce distributor, need to gauge the interest. Let us know!
- PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. And our website is www.alohaseafood.net.
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING: