Fish Tails 7/14/20
FISH TAILS — HDS
- Aloha! Our ice bins & freezer are filling in real nicely …
- One of your faves, HAMACHI COLLARS (KAMA), is again available. And we’ve added a ‘new’ item — FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO), about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan.
- In da’ cooler, something new: Help to eradicate a massive biomass of invasive/ecologically destructive WILD BLUE CATFISH from the Chesapeake Bay area; Also: AK HALIBUT supply should be good this week; Hopefully PETRALE SOLE too; TRUE COD Fil & HUACHINANGO (2/4s) expected in by tomorrow/Weds; ONO in da’ house!; Significant Price-Decrease on WHITE C-BASS; We’ll be slacking out (thawing) some BLACK COD for your needs, as the fresh catch has dried up for now; And … … … We Should Have A Few Trays Of FRESH … … UNI — due in Thursday, and some of y’all have gotten some early intel already, which leaves us with a few less than a few trays, so yell Now & yell Loud to ORDERS@ALOHASEAFOOD.NET if you’d like some UNI for this week!
- … KING SALMON story: The Local season has re-opened, a few boats are out, with more getting out there as the strong winds are dying down — the initial report from one of our primary suppliers is that two of his boats that got out early have a grand total of 5 fish, meaning that they’ll stay out until the fish are biting and they can bring back in a decent amount. Our hopes were availability by Thursday, but at this rate, it’ll be Saturday until we see any, and we can only hope that it’ll be early enough on Saturday to get the fish on our trucks and out to you. Stay tuned …
- In the meantime, you can’t go wrong with either of our King Salmon from New Zealand — either ‘ORA-KING’ from the north part of NZ’s south island, or ‘BIG GLORY BAY’ KINGs from frigid Stewart Is, which is south of NZ’s south island.
- Need any more? — Some re-“Tail” is re-printed below, and check out da’ attachments.
- You may have noticed that the AHI POKE CUBES are a different brand now — same 1# units, slightly different “cut” – let us know how you like ’em! Plenty of CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS for now, but you may wanna jump on ’em before all of us employees drain our inventory because they’re so dang yummy. While we’re in da’ freezer, note that Fresh Tombo continues to be very sporadic, but our FRZN Local ALBACORE LOINS (about 1# ea), or our FRZN AHI LOINS (Sk-OFF & BLO, about 5-7#ea) have been popular options.
- We’ve found another source for the 2# packs of SMOKED RED-Mt TROUT Fil — only difference seems to be that it’ll be “catch-weight”, meaning not necessarily exactly 2#, but pretty close. Available Now.
- ROCK & LING COD / LOCAL & SoCAL HAL / BRONZINI & Frm’d STRIPED BASS / SWORDFISH, AHI, TOMBO?, YELLOWTAIL JACK / DRY-PACK SCALLOPS / Lotta’ SALMON / Lotta’ SHELLFISH / Lots More …
- “New”: SALT SPRING Is. MUSSELS are a hybrid Mussel from B.C. that are large and plump and delicious and sustainably raised and are available once again after a yearly shutdown during their spawning cycle.
- Still strong freezer inventory on: MINCED/GROUND AHI / ASIAN & MEDIT. OCTOPUS / OYSTER SPRING ROLLS / 26/30 & 16/20 OG PRAWNS / Lots More
- We’ve noticed (since the fire) that access on to Pier 45 is a lot easier, so if you wanna drop by to pick-up your order and say ‘hi’, just let us know.
- Survey — How many of you would have an interest in receiving a box of produce which would be piggy-backed onto your seafood order? We’re collaborating with a reputable local Produce distributor, need to gauge the interest. Let us know!
- Gift Certificates are now available, $25 increments.
- Hey, if you’re new to this Home-Delivery Issue of “Fish Tails”, (and there’s always a bunch of ya’ every week), this publication is meant to be an exhilarating and memorable newsletter about what’s up in the seafood world, with a bunch of buttons to click into Price-Lists, FAQs, etc. Some folks find the info to be very helpful, while others get good value by printing out a hard-copy, and using that to start their grill. Whatever floats yer boat. Also if you’re new (or not), we wanna express our gratitude & Mahalos!
- PLEASE ALWAYS USE firstname.lastname@example.org when emailing/replying with us. Always. And our website is www.alohaseafood.net.
- PLEASE forward this or share about us with your social network. We can feed a lotta’ mouths.
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: email@example.com
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484