|FISH TAILS — HDS
- It’s another Tuesday “Tail”-day … this list continues to grow; spread da’ word; Mahalo!
- “Bristol”, who is our DRY-PACK SCALLOP supplier, and da’ very best Scallop producer that we’ve ever dealt with, is now offering “My Fish Dish” — a 7-oz thaw, bake, & enjoy seafood entree. We’re offering six of ’em — Blackened-&-Smoked Butter SCALLOPS or ATLANTIC COD or WILD SOCKEYE SALMON, and Sesame-&-Seaweed Teriyaki on the same three fish. Seems perfect for all of you HDS customers. Give ’em a try!
- Local & Wild news: Looks like we’ll have some more UNI this week, avail by Thursday, yell LOUD & yell Now. Looks like another week with LOCAL ALBACORE! And some LOCAL CALIF. HALIBUT is avail (with a shipment of AK HAL due in for Thursday). BLACK COD & ROCK COD (with LING & TRUE COD for Thurs) & PETRALE SOLE. What about Local KING SALMON you ask? — We’re about to get in to the last week of the season, only trickles have been coming in of late, let’s hope for a strong finish — none currently in stock, stay tuned. There are King Salmon being offered to us from Canada & AK, but those are now gill-netted river fish, which we tend to stay away from. Once Salmon have entered the rivers, on the way to their spawning grounds, the quality goes south. It’s just like Oysters and other seafood — when fish are in the mood for lovin’, they’re not so appetizing anymore. Unless you’re an Osprey or a Grizzly Bear.
- ONO / SWORDFISH / AHI / WHITE C-BASS / BRONZINI / Lotta’ SHELLFISH, Lotta’ FZN, Lots MORE …
- TOMBO vs Albacore — they are both White Tuna, not Ahi, and they are the same species. When young, the fish known as Albacore follow the North Pacific/Japanese current, and this is the time of year when they pass by Calif & OR; small fish, delicate & soft meat, very fatty, definitely in the top three of my favorite-est fish! Then the fish get older, (and bigger, and firmer-fleshed), and also much wiser, so they decide to retire to the easy life of Hawaii/Fiji/South Pacific, they change their name to Tombo, and some of ’em end up as a center-of-the-plate entree at fine dining establishments, and not-so-lucky ones end up in a can labelled “white tuna” or “premium cat food”.
- Another discussion point that came up recently has to do with COOL (Country of Origin Labeling), which is meant to be informative, but in fact is very misunderstood, because it’s very misleading and not informative. A classic example is Frozen Alaskan Cod, which may caught by a Vietnamese fisherman on a Portuguese-flagged boat out of Vancouver, B.C. (Canada), fishing in Alaskan (USA) waters, and unloading the catch onto a Chinese-owned factory-at-sea ship, who then processes the fish that’s featured in your McFish sandwiches … and AK Cod is considered a “Product of China”. We know that the fish aren’t required to show their passport when swimming across borders, but there’s never been an AK Cod anywhere near China. But what if this fish (or any other) is labelled “Product of USA?” — That too is very uninformative, as the USA could mean AK or Hawaii or Maine or Florida or Texas or Calif — all different waters, all different ecosystems.
- Add a box of Fresh Produce to your Seafood order! We’re partnering with C & L Produce, a highly reputable wholesale distributor out of Oakland, to bring a variety of fresh fruits & veggies into your home. This offering is as an add-on, and not a replacement for our $100-minimum seafood order. Click on the two new buttons.
- So the demolition & clean-up of what remained from the Pier 45 Fire has been progressing quite nicely, leaving us with a greatly expanded view of da’ Bay, which is a reminder that if you’re in da’ City, access on to Pier 45 is a lot easier now, so c’mon by to pick up your order.
- We carry a few brands of SMOKED SALMON, all are ‘nova style’ (Lox), all are sliced (cater-cut), all are about 3 to 4# per side. Easy to break down into smaller units for yer freezer, then thaw ’em when you need ’em.
- Some of your faves from da’ freezer — HAMACHI COLLARS / KAMA (2+ lbs per pkg); HAMACHI FILLET (about 5-lbs ea); CHILEAN C-BASS COLLARS; FZN Cooked/Blanched OCTOPUS TENTACLES (TAKO) about 3# ea, from Hokkaido/Japan; SPANISH OCTOPUS; AHI POKE CUBES, SALMON POKE CUBES, MINCED/GROUND AHI, OYSTER SPRING-ROLLS; FZN ALBACORE LOINS, & Sk-Off & BLO FZN AHI LOINS; IQF SARDINES; PERUVIAN BAY SCALLOPS; Lots More …
- PLEASE ALWAYS USE email@example.com when emailing/replying with us. Always. And our website is www.alohaseafood.net.
- Mahalo, it’s meaningful that you’re thinking of us, and we’re extremely grateful.
Place your orders, or ask questions via the following methods, and please remember to include your Name & Address & Phone Number.
1st preference — eMail your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd choice — Text us at: 628-800-4324
3rd best – Call / Leave Message to our order-desk at: 415-441-4484
And for ACCOUNTING:
Phone/Voice Mail: 415-441-1066