Fish Tails – 8/4/16
- Improving, improving. Not quite ready to tackle the PCT, and you won’t hear “hey, let’s go have a smoke” coming from me anymore, but happy to be writing another ‘Tail” …
- Got in some pretty nice Wild KING SALMON from Canada today. Just a few fish left, with a big ‘maybe’ if we’ll see any more this Not counting on it.
- We’re NOT gonna see any Local Albacore, so you’ll be getting TOMBO as a perfect ‘sub’.
- For Bass, CORVINA showed up, and Mex’n WHITE C-BASS is coming tomorrow. Along with some SanDiegoX-Press #1 BIG-EYE TUNA.
- SALT-SPRING Is MUSSELS for tomorrow. And ONO & OPAH. A few dzn SOFT-SHELL CRABS, with more on Sat. UNI for Saturday. Fresh SQUID. HIRAMASA. SKOOKUMs are da’ special.
- PETRALE is very tight – good chance we’ll run out before Saturday – have a ‘sub’ in mind… Perhaps HALIBUT, either AK or LOCAL or SoCAL.
- Still NO Mahi. YELLOWTAIL JACK seems to be the “go-to” sub, but what’s everyone’s aversion to Consistent & Inexpensive IQF MAHI? You won’t be disappointed.
- Some pretty significant changes over here – Colin Lafrenz is retiring from the fish biz, and moving into dirt-based farming. Jude, our buyer for the last several years, is stepping into Colin’s position, and Robi becomes our new buyer. And welcome Lloyd Dizon coming in from off the floor to take over the opening responsibilities that Robi has handled like a pro.
- For your pricing awareness – The Farmed Salmon industry over in the UK is now experiencing the same strain on their supply as the Canadian fishery felt when environmental conditions devastated the Chilean farms, putting a big void in worldwide supply. Prices are Up on our SCOTTISH SALMON (mostly ‘WesterRoss’ label recently), effective now. Here’s the good news – there ain’t much difference at all in price right now between the highly recognized (and richly deserved) “LOCH DUART” Salmon and any of the other Scottish labels. Furthermore, ‘Loch Duarts’ are growing out of the 6/9’s stage, as we’re seeing a lot more 9/11’s and even a few 11/13’s starting to come in.
Please refrain from texting/eMailing/calling our personal cel-phones to place an order. It’s much better to eMail orders to: orders_(your area)@alohaseafood.net, or call the order desk at 415-441-4484. The detailed eMail addresses are in the attachment, or just look on the ‘header’ of the price-list. Mahalo for your consideration on this.
<<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>>
Robi Colin Mike T Chris Jude John Mike W Mitch
are da’ guys at
da’ Best in Quality & Service … specializing in ESSSP